Monday, April 14, 2014

~ Are we there yet? ~







                          One day I'll find the right words
                                    and they will be simple.
                                                                   -Jack Kerouac

"Are we there yet?" 
comes the familiar refrain from the back seat. 
After a long, hot, and sweaty ride in the back of the family station wagon...I would eagerly look out the windows, anxious for any sign that I was nearing our destination. 


National Lampoons Vacation

"NOT YET." 
Was the usual reply. 
Sigh. 
Not yet. 
For months now I've been writing, re-writing, editing, re-writing. Repeat. 
Just when I might be able to convince myself the story is ready...it's not.
Now my editor will take a look. She better hold on tight because I'm pretty sure 
this is what she'll see:

Thanks Ellen Harger for  sharing this pic


"Am I there yet?" 

"Not yet. But almost."




4 comments:

  1. Enjoy the ride, my friend!! I know you will get there and, when you do, you'll know it! Happy spring :)
    xo L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loi...I'm trying to keep my eye on the prize.

      Delete
  2. 1 Corinthians 9:24 -- Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

    It took Jane Austen SIXTEEN YEARS to write "Pride and Prejudice" and it even had a title change.

    I have read your book. I believe in it. It is worth all the blood, sweat, and tears you are pouring into it.

    What's more important, you believe it, too, my wonderful friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SIXTEEN YEARS!!! ACK...*pulling hair out*.
      Seriously, thanks for the pep talk. You know how I love to exaggerate, just a tad....

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. So sorry you have to jump through a hoop to leave a response...but evil spammers ruin it for everyone.